Under the supervision of the Principal Advisor CSP and together with the CSP team (CSP Manager, Land Acquisition Manager / Coordinators, Environment Advisor etc), the Livelihood Restoration Lead (LRL) will refine, improve and implement the Livelihood Restoration Plan according to the strategy document
• Livelihood restoration and enhancement activities will include the following components.
o The first is individual Households livelihood restoration plans, including household financial management training; selective support with replacement of agricultural land for those who experience difficulties in securing such land; support with the modernisation of agricultural equipment; Enhancement of employability through training and education; Small business support, including procurement of works, goods and services from local businesses for construction and operations of the Jadar mining project; Identification of potential replacement land / new houses.
o The second component is community livelihood projects: agriculture and rural development; support to local training institutions and support to the enhancement of community infrastructure;
• Small grant programme;
• Governance strengthening and capacity building programme.
• Direct management and supervision of the Livelihood Restoration Field Officer
• Support to resettlement and land replacement will be offered to all, with a specific attention to the following categories: those explicitly requesting such support; and Vulnerable people
• The LR coordinator will also be in charge to identify and monitor key livelihood implementing partners (NGOs, consulting companies / consultants, private sector companies)
• The LR coordinator will use indicators and KPIs (see LRP document) to carry out outcome monitoring of its livelihood restoration activities
• Provide weekly progress reports directly to the Senior Manager for CSP & Communities.
• Bachelor degree or higher in relevant field: rural/economic development, economics, business / public administration or equivalent
• Proven track record of successfully delivering livelihood activities in Serbia.
• English (fluent) required
• 5 to 7 years minimum relevant experience implementing livelihood activities at development and/or public/private projects.
• Proven experience of building both internal and external relationships with key stakeholders both nationally and internationally, at all levels
• Extensive experience of working or advising on livelihood aspects of large infrastructure and/or development projects in Serbia
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Serbian business environment, government relations and awareness of current affairs in the region.