- Develop new applications, modify and maintain existing software, working closely with end-users, IT peers and management.
- Make changes to prevent recurrence, modifying existing code and faulty files, writing and running special programs.
- Document the new applications, or the changes made to existing applications.
- Participate in unit, integration, and business acceptance testing of the applications.
- Troubleshoot application and system issues.
- Do whatever is necessary to get to your team's definition of done.
- Stay current on emerging technologies.
- Previous professional C#/.NET development experience
- Experience in ASP.Net and/or PowerBuilder
- Experience with middleware patterns such as REST, Class Libraries as a Layer, WCF or SOAP Web Services.
- Experience with data storage technologis such as the Entity Framework accessing the data, Relational Databases (SQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.) or NoSQL Technologies (Hadoop, Mongo, etc.)
- Ability to combine and integrate the above-mentioned elements into effective full stack software development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field.
- Understanding of unit testing concepts and frameworks preferred.
- Ability to be self-directed.
- Familiar with an Agile environment.
- Participation and familiarity with open source projects is a plus.