We are looking for a Senior Advisor – Risk who will be providing support for the tracking, management and implementation of the Rio Tinto Risk Standards and Risk Tools. The work will be conducted in close cooperation with Project Risk Owners across the project, especially the Operational Readiness Team, and the Rio Tinto Risk Area of Expertise (AoE) based in Montreal.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Engaging with leaders to incorporate risks and actions into annual and multi-year plans and ensure risk is embedded into management decisions;
- Ensuring risks identified in risk workshops are captured and fed forward into design and layout activities;
- Maintaining quality, currency and connectedness of risk information to meet the minimum data quality requirements in the risk management information system;
- Schedule quarterly reviews to align with business forums, corporate governance and planning requirements and coordinate quarterly management reviews of “in focus” risks;
- Provide timely risk reporting of material risks (including control effectiveness and action status) to local leadership team and relevant business forums;
- Assist coordination of relevant risk training risk and control owners requiring access and awareness to Archer (risk management software platform);
- Track and report on risk trends;
- Ensure project Management of Change (MOC) program is linked to the risk register process;
- Provide risk owners with guidance with respect to assessing, ranking and mitigating risks in a meaningful manner.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Desirable Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Science
- Experience in similar roles and solid knowledge in Risk assessment theory and methodology
- Previous experience in an industrial or mining setting would be desirable.
- Experience with HSE systems and tools, risk management tools, or ISO standards would be desirable.
- Project management experience would be desirable.
- Time management, communication skills, strategic thinker
- Proficiency in both English and Serbian.