- The role will initially oversee the work of the all mine technical personnel performing geological, geotechnical, hydrological, and mining work. The role will ensure all FS work will be completed in accordance with Rio Tinto’s Study Definition Guidelines, and that project development related technical activities from planning for required in-fill and hydrogeological drilling to overseeing construction, drilling and mine development contractors, short-term to long mine planning, and supporting management maximize the net present value (NPV) of the operations.
- Ensuring that all work undertaken is performed with safety being the first priority. Compliance with the Rio Tinto safety standards is expected and must include:
o Providing leadership in health, safety & environment (HSE) by anticipating current and future risks and managing these.
o Managing HSE related activities within one's area to ensure standards are met.
o Ensure all incidents and near misses are reported timely according to policies.
- Overseeing and supporting the work of the mine technical team during the FS and mine development phases as planned and scheduled in a manner that maximizes the value of the resource whilst creating a culture of accountability and continuous improvement and considering safety, business risk and market demand.
- Preparing and managing annual budgets to ensure effective allocation of company funds to complete the necessary work plan to carry Jadar Project through to development. Instigate programs and provide technical support to achieve cost reductions though innovative technologies and systems.
- Leading the team to continuously focus on improving the technical aspects of Project.
- Collaborating with peers to ensure effective allocation of resources, e.g., information, people, specialist knowledge, materials.
- Collaborating across RTBL to ensure the right technical and support input is provided to the Project and to share and acquire best practice and resources.
- Ensure that the annual reporting processes to support tenure management are undertaken in a timely manner